Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Having a little fun with it!

The week of stitches is almost behind me.  As you can see from the picture, my eyebrow is still a bit up but has settled a lot compared to how high it was pulled from the surgery (from removing enough of a border around the skin cancer); and the swelling is no where's near as bad as it was post op.  However, does it every itch!!  Itching is good because it means it's healing....at least that's what they say. 

Tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. I go in to have the stitches taken out. The incision is so different than any I've ever had before with prior surgeries.  Having a plastic surgeon maks all the difference!  The line from the incision is so thin, it seems like it's going to look like a true wrinkle line, just like he aimed to do!  Tomorrow will be the moment of truth!

In the meantime, I've had fun with people asking me what happened when they see the stitches on my head...the following lines people have fallen for (or at least thought about for a second!):

"I was taking out my storm windows"

"My new boss is quite violent!"

"If you think this looks bad, you should see the other girl!"

The best one, man oh man, has made us in advertising laugh all week long!  A coworker asked me in the most sincere concerned voice" Dawn, what happened to your head? Are you ok?" to which I replied "Yeah, I'm Ok.....I got attacked by an Eagle"....and the look of shock and concern that went over his face was priceless!  He's a transplant and just moved to Maine last October, and no one had told him about the "attack eagles" we have in this state :)

Please, please, don't forget to use your sunscreen today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment